Many local businesses still lack a website because they assume that they don’t actually need one. Others simply don’t have the time to build one. But with consumer behaviour patterns changing, can you afford to miss out?
As local businesses need to stay more relevant to an increasingly Internet-savvy population, how important is it for them to have websites? Turns out, very! You don’t want to miss out on a wide range of opportunities that a website can give you – especially when it comes to gaining new business with the help of a Sydney SEO company.
Why Do You Need A Website For Your Business?
A well maintained website is a robust marketing tool to help you gain an advantage over your competition and to improve your overall image. Here’s what happens:
- Most consumers today research an item or look for a product online before buying it from anywhere.
- A Google local search query can throw up a list of businesses with a link to their websites for call to actions.
- Users have direct access to a website and can turn into customers even if they have never heard of a brand before.
- Websites enable you to cast a wider net so you’re not limited with your audience and can expand your reach to more and more people.
What Can Make Your Website Stronger?
You’ll want to create the best possible website you can to ensure a seamless user experience. To do this, you need to consider everything from who your audience is to what kind of content you want to share. Here are some elements to help you build a strong website:
- Establish the audience you are targeting and understand their pain points clearly.
- Make sure your website has all the technical basics necessary for a seamless navigational experience through all the web pages on your site.
- Make sure every page is optimised for the right keywords for better SEO.
- Make sure your content addresses specific needs of your audience – in a language they easily understand.
- Make sure your website is made known through organic and paid digital marketing efforts.
- Use your website to communicate more effectively with your audience through event advertisements, newsletters, promotions and much more.
It’s important for local businesses to do enough keyword research to understand what their customers want. This can help you publish exactly what your customers are looking for and will boost your local SEO over time. An integrated effort that includes research and publishing is important to achieve your desired call to action.
Increasing Local Audience Reach With Vital Website Engagement Tactics
Simply optimising your website for Google isn’t enough when you need to connect with your local audience in a more engaging manner. You need to strengthen your website for your local audience. Consider these vital website engagement tactics for your local audience:
- While keyword research is typically more general, make sure your content reflects local language and geographic references to pinpoint your location.
- Consider local link building to generate more publicity for your business with your local audience – you can work with other related local businesses to offer a range of integrated services to customers.
- Demonstrate your commitment to the local community by sponsoring or creating local events and promoting them through your website.
- Check out what other high-ranking local businesses are doing right online and follow industry best practices for your own website.
- Encourage customers to share their feedback through surveys, ratings and similar tactics to boost engagement with your businesses, while enabling you to improve in areas that are important to your customers.
- Showcase your best products and services by highlighting what your customers are looking for – use colour, design and formatting to create resonant content for your audience.
There are plenty of ways for local businesses to build domain expertise within a community, especially when you consider the plethora of competition out there not only from other business, but from large players too.
Without a website, you will not be able to earn enough links and control your content to influence your local audience and build SEO rankings organically. The time is right for you to consider investing in a website for your local business, if you haven’t done so already.